Kiss My Face was actually the first natural beauty company I ever tried. It is a company I have known and trusted for twenty years, so I was excited to see they had introduced a kids collection. These products are free of artificial colors, fragrances, parabens, and SLS. They are not tested on animals and contain natural ingredients such as tea tree oil, aloe, nettles, and burdock root. Each product features an endangered species, so children can learn about animals while they practice good hygiene habits.
My family has tested out seven of the nine new Kiss My Face Kids Collection. The following product reviews combine my daughter's and my own perspectives:
- Kiss My Face Kids Shampoo & Bodywash: This product is very sudsy, which kids enjoy, and the bottle makes it very easy for children to use themselves promoting their independence. My son, who has very sensitive skin, is able to tolerate this product, and my daughter was the one who discovered you squeeze the bottle to get the soap out.
- Kiss My Face Kids Shampoo & Conditioner: This is another kid-friendly package, but my daughter's thick hair won't tolerate a combined shampoo and conditioner. It works fine as a shampoo, but she needs to follow it up with regular conditioner or we can not get a brush through her hair, even with the help of the next product.
- Kiss My Face Orange U Smart Detangler: My daughter's hair requires a detangler after the bath. Although this product helped somewhat, it does not compare to the efficacy of California Baby's Calming Hair Detangler Spray.
- Kiss My Face Kids Lip Balm Duo Pack: You can never have too much lip balm around the house, and my daughter keeps it by her bed. Although she prefers my friend Liisa's Bella Botanica lip balm, I think it is cool Kiss My Face uses stevia as a sweetner in their all natural lip balm.
- Kiss My Face Kids Self-Foaming Handwash: If your kids like foaming hand wash, then this is the product for you. My kids are so used to EO hand soap, that they think the foaming action is weird.
- Kiss My Face Orange U Smart Bubble Wash: This is probably my favorite product of the Kiss My Face Kids Collection. My son's sensitive skin can handle it, and it is easy to use. The green tea extract is soothing and anti-inflammatory.
- Kiss My Face A Whale of a Soap: This would be my daughter's favorite Kiss My Face product! The whale shape makes bathtub fun, and she insists this soap does not hurt her private parts.
Although I applaud Kiss My Face for creating a kids' collection of personal care products, I still prefer California Baby. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find many California Baby products lately either in stores or from wholesalers, and I am concerned something has happened to the company. If you have nay information about California Baby, please leave a comment to this post.